Resonate Testing is one of the leading commercial test houses on the Island of Ireland, providing high quality testing and certification services to organisations across all industrial sectors, demonstrating compliance with international performance standards, whilst also testing the safety and reliability of customer products. Part of The Nacelle Group, Resonate Testing has specialist knowledge in vibration and shock, fire and flammability, and environmental and climatic testing in industries including aerospace, medical devices, space, aerospace and automotive.
Following our recent investment and continued growth of the company, we are inviting applications for an Engineer (Experienced) to join our multi-talented team, based at our Centre of Excellence in Newry. A minimum of three years' experience is required for this role.
As part of the role, the successful candidate will work as part of the team within our mechanical and environmental test facilities, which include vibration, shock, temperature, humidity and fire testing for many different industries including aerospace, medical, automotive and construction materials.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Organising and undertaking both internal and external tests
- Producing engineering reports for testing of customer components as per project requirements
- Specification of mechanical fixturing and test measurement equipment; preparation of test rigs and equipment; setup of data acquisition systems; creation of automated rig control scripts; supervision of test technicians; post-processing and analysis of data
- Writing test specifications and carrying out tests against customer or internal requirement specifications
- Promoting repeatability and robustness of test processes with a focus on safety
- Liaising with external bodies to assist with the delivery of tests, including fixtures, reporting and maintaining to agreed schedules
- Maintaining test equipment, advising and implementing improvements as required, including HS&E activities relating to test facilities
- Ensuring a safe working environment by following, supporting and maintaining working practices
- Ensuring work complies with ISO 17025 policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum three years' experience
- Proven, hands-on experience in a test, design or development environment
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background with the ability to apply fundamental engineering principles to the analysis and interpretation of test results, as well as to the specification of mechanical and electrical assemblies to support in-house testing
- Strong analytical and judgment skills including the ability to troubleshoot and advise on solutions in the area of testing
- Ability to take a hands-on approach in test setup and instrumentation/data acquisition.
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of components in specific industries would be beneficial
- A creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to practically resolve issues and innovate where required
- Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities
- A flexible approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation
- Proficiency in Python, LabVIEW and SolidWorks preferred
- Willingness to travel as required
Salary: £34k plus (Commensurate with experience. A competitive package and salary will be provided to the successful candidate)
Job Reference: Resonate Engineer 2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Resonate Testing, Bridge Technology Park, Carnagat Lane, Chancellors Road, Newry, Co.Down, BT35 8XF
Flexibility will be offered within this role to the successful candidate.