Job Title: Quality/ Technical Administrator
Start date: Aug – Sept 2021
Reporting To: The Nacelle Group General Manager
Salary: £23,000 – £30,000 (pa – 38 hours per week –flexible role)
Job Purpose: Resonate Testing is one of the leading commercial test houses on the Island of Ireland, providing high quality testing and certification services to organisations across all industrial sectors, demonstrating compliance with international performance standards, whilst also testing the safety and reliability of customer products. Part of The Nacelle Group, Resonate Testing has specialist knowledge in vibration and shock, fire and flammability, and environmental and climatic testing in industries including aerospace, medical devices, space, aerospace and automotive.
Following our recent investment and continued growth of the company, we are inviting applications for a Quality/ Technical Administrator to join our multi-talented team, based at our Centre of Excellence in Newry.
We are looking for an individual capable of working flexibly to meet the changing demands of a busy laboratory. The role focused on supporting the business administration and managing the quality management system relating to all test house activities, staff and systems to enable the effective delivery of tests. You will need to have good ‘attention to detail’ and be capable of maintaining a disciplined and consistent approach to all activities, a good communicator and team player.
Applicants must have all appropriate permits and visas to work in the UK and European Union.
The successful candidate will be asked to complete an AccessNI check and medical.
- Delivering continuous improvement of Laboratory Performance including completion and corrective action of Internal Audits, problem solving, Investigation of Anomalies and Trend Analysis and Participation in Laboratory Meetings.
- Supporting the smooth running of the company with a varied number of administrative duties.
- Responsible for the maintenance of quality documentation to maintain accreditation (and other accreditations where appropriate).
- To attend external audits by UKAS, and clients and to ensure that corrective actions are completed and submitted to the relevant body within the timescale required.
- Ensure that all records are kept in an orderly manner.
- Ensure that the Quality Manual and associated procedures & documents, including laboratory methods and records, are maintained up to date. Amendment and re-issue of all documentation as necessary.
- Ensure customer complaints and service issues are investigated, documented and resolved.
- Manage the Action internal auditing programme. Ensure that internal audits are carried out on time.
- Manage the corrective action process to ensure timely clearance of actions raised.
- Responsible for holding local monthly Quality System Review meetings ensuring that all minutes are documented and actions arising are completed within required timescales.
- Manage the participation in external proficiency testing schemes, ensuring results are reported on time, investigation of unsatisfactory results and compilation of reports on scheme results.
- Ensure suitable internal QC schemes are in place and results obtained are satisfactory. Ensure that any unsatisfactory results are investigated in accordance with the quality system.
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS related to their own roles and responsibilities. Provide update training as necessary.
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the organization are selected, evaluated and revaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Ensure that top management undertakes periodic but regular assessments of customer satisfaction and that consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
Analyse data on the effectiveness of the QMS and evaluate where continual improvements of the QMS can be made. This shall include data generated as a result of monitoring and measurement and from other relevant sources.
Job Title: Quality/ Technical Administrator
|Criteria||Essential / Desirable|
|Qualifications/ Attainments||Essential Requirement
· HNC or higher in Quality and Business Administration
· Trained auditor for an ISO based quality management system
Relevant Knowledge and Experience
· 2 years’ experience in a relevant quality related field
· Experience in dealing with quality system documentation
· Experience in dealing with ISO17025 quality management system
Skills and Competencies
· The capability to write clear and concise documentation.
· Able to learn and assimilate new information and maintain confidentiality
· Good level of written and numerical / data handling skills and multi- tasking
· Excellent interpersonal skills Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to build relationships
· Extensive Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
· Able to work flexibly as required to ensure business needs are met
· Willingness to undergo any further training to meet the needs of the company.
· Based in Resonate Testing Premises Newry
· Driving licence and use of own car.