Believe it or not, vibrations are all around us. From small devices such as headphones to large items like your car engine, most of us use items that vibrate on a daily basis. Many products are required to undergo vibration testing to meet rigorous standards or product-specific test protocols to achieve approval or certification, or simply for validation during product development phases.
Vibration Testing can ensure that products are:
- – Able to meet the reliability requirements
- – Fit for purpose
- – Resistant to fatigue failure
- – Able to continue functioning under vibration conditions that they will experience in the field and in transit
- – Safe to use
- – Able to meet the required quality
There are many different types of vibration testing methods that can be used to recreate the complex conditions of the real world such as gunfire, helicopter rotors, tank tracks, various engine induced vibrations, lifecycle usage wear and tear, and transportation conditions prior to service.
The three main forms of vibration for testing are
- – Sinusoidal
- – Random
- – Mixed Mode
Sine (one-frequency-at-a-time) tests are performed to survey the structural response of the device under test (DUT). During the early history of vibration testing, vibration machine controllers were limited only to controlling sine motion so only sine testing was performed. Later, more sophisticated analogue and then digital controllers were able to provide random control (all frequencies at once).
A random (all frequencies at once) test is generally considered to more closely replicate a real-world environment, such as road inputs to a moving automobile.
Mixed Mode Testing
Mixed mode testing is combination of two vibration profiles such as Sine-On-Random or Random-On-Random for example.
At Resonate Testing, we have the vibrational testing capability to give you confidence in your product’s reliability. Our vibration test laboratory features high force electrodynamic vibration tables that can test to a wide range of frequencies, amplitudes and spectrums.
Our vibration testing services are unique on the island of Ireland and can provide organisations that have testing requirements, the opportunity to utilise our innovative capabilities and testing expertise with a high-quality service for all. Our services are available to customers locally on the island of Ireland, Great Britain and internationally.
Our vibration, shock and mechanical testing capability includes;
- – Sinusoidal vibration including resonance tracking and dwell
- – Random, Sine-on-Random and Random-on-Random vibration
- – Classical shock, complex shock pulses, shock response spectrum analysis
- – Up to 36 channels of measurement using state-of-the-art vibration controllers and signal analysers
- – Electrodynamic shaker capability up to 54kN and 100mm displacement range across three shaker systems
- – Vacuum slip table features for multiple axis/orientation testing
- – Vibration testing combined temperature and humidity chamber
- – Bespoke shock testing solutions and test rigs including pyroshock capability
- – 16 channel vibration monitoring in the field which can be recreated in the lab
- – Bespoke mechanical test solutions such as push/pull, high-tension force loading and strain gauge monitoring are also available.
Resonate Testing has a proven track record of vibration testing in a number of industries including but not limited to aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, medical devices, consumer goods, telecommunications and even space launcher hardware.
Check out a video of our vibration testing process in action, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1zXWTj_thk.
If you need assistance with testing, contact Resonate Testing today on +44(0)28 9073 6390 or email email@example.com.